Welcome to the Atlanta Association of Interpreters & Translators!
by: Amanda Williams
by: Amanda Williams
by: AAIT Nominations Committee
by: Sybille McCormick
About Our Members
Our members have a high level of education, excellent literary and verbal skills and fluency in source and target languages. They also have a deep understanding of foreign cultural customs, business practices and etiquette. Many of our members are accredited by AAIT. Please refer to Accreditation Guidelines
Our interpreters and translators are qualified professionals accredited by various organizations and schools including...
- American Translators Association, ATA Accreditation Exam for Translators
- Commission on Interpreters of the Supreme Court of Georgia Court Interpreter,
- Certification Program
- The U.S. Department of State
- Georgia State University, Translation & Interpretation Program
- The Monterey Institute of International Studies
- New York University
- Many other universities within the United States and abroad
The AAIT is a non-profit organization and the Georgia chapter of the American Translators Association, ATA. AAIT serves as the link to Atlanta’s international community, and the world.
- To promote the professions of Translation and Interpretation, and to support their competency, skills, proficiency and expertise.
- To facilitate and procure continuing education and skills building programs to interpreters and translators in Georgia.
- To provide language resources to individuals, businesses, organizations, and government agencies in the local and international community.
Services We Offer
- Court Interpreters: Certified & Registered
- Medical Interpreters
- Conference Interpreters
- Social Services, Law Enforcement and Legal Services Interpreters
- Escort interpreters
- Telephone interpreters
- Translating medical, legal, business/financial, technical/scientific, general literature and marketing documents.
- Proofreading & editing translated documents
- Translating and localizing websites and software
Languages & Culture
- Cultural awareness, diversity and language instruction training seminars offered annually
- Customized language programs and education for companies and government agencies
- Networking events featuring guest speakers